Happy New Year!!! A great start to my blog!!I've been wanting to start a blog right july 2012 but was busy with my baby and other stuff i am so happy today that i could start my blog on the first day of 2013. Since it is my first post in the blog i am starting with a simple and a very easy payasam.
- Aval ( thick) 3 tbspns
- Milk 1 Cup
- Sugar 3 - 4 tbspns
- Ghee 2 tspns
- Cashews 2 tspns
- Firstly powder the Aval coarsely in a mixie .you need not make it into a fine powder.
- Heat 1 tspn ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and keep them separately.
- Heat the rest of the ghee and fry the powdered aval and add a little water and once it is cooked add the milk and sugar and keep stirring it.
- Once it is a little thick ( payasam consistency) switch off the stove and garnish with fried cashews.
- Yummy Aval Payasam is ready!!!!